third: tm2 and sm will be on steam as well

not really something WOAH, but still better than nothing

masterdisaster
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 41

Nach oben Nach unten

Re: stadium in tm2

Beitrag  Cephid am Do Feb 28, 2013 12:47 am

Hm just scenery updates, so it's not very interesting for me. I'm downloading Stadium atm, because I'm quite interested how they integrated it, and how the graphics got changed. I also downloaded Storm some days ago, but I only play 10 min, because I don't have much time in these days. I'm also very sure that it's not my cup of the because it seems to be really really fast.

Anyways thanks for the info Smile

EDIT: Well, I hopped for a big jump in the graphics, but I can't see a difference; maybe they changed some little things. Imo compared to Canyon it looks quite ugly now. If they're just going to import it from Tmu in Tm2, I really don't get, why they aren't doing that with the 6 other envirs...

Cephid

Anzahl der Beiträge : 27

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  SkunkY am Do Feb 28, 2013 3:09 am

Cephid schrieb:If they're just going to import it from Tmu in Tm2, I really don't get, why they aren't doing that with the 6 other envirs...
That's right.

The scenery update for Canyon looks quite nice though.
SkunkY
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107

http://xtremetrackers.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  JakeOIL am Do Feb 28, 2013 11:19 am

They've changed some things on Stadium, but indeed the improvments are minor. Quite fun to play it again, though (yep Stadium nOOb)

As you said Ceph, they should put the old enviros on TM², considering that they didn't changed so much things cheers

JakeOIL
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 89

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  masterdisaster am Do Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm

i don't think it's total fantasy to expect some kind of bonus/cheap bundle with the updated versions of the tmo/tms envis at some point. it may be the final 'transition' from tm to tm2.

or am i dreaming?

masterdisaster
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 41

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Cephid am Do Feb 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Well, then you're dreaming my dream Razz

EDIT: Just saw that there'll be probably a free version of stadium and a 10€ version of it with some more or less useful "specials":

"Hylis of Nadeo" says: At the moment, the free access should be a station with time attack and a demo campaign. The paying version will have a full campaign, the official times, the custom modes, datas and other Maniaplanet services, including the planets and planets related services.

Not sure what I should think about this.

Cephid

Anzahl der Beiträge : 27

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  KEV Fan am Di März 05, 2013 8:01 am

Stadium gfx looks really nice in TM2.
Car physics is as f+ck as always - but it is much more fun to play than Canyon.
Online I had already much fun - I did not check the editor yet - hope it is the original one which always has been the best editor in the world of TM with sooooo many possibilities.
:bananas:

KEV Fan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 34

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  JakeOIL am Di März 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Stadium's good ! The handling is horrible as usual, the drifting thing is kind of hard, but it's fun...

@ Ceph : don't really think that it may be useful to buy the stadium enviro for the moment...you can access the advanced editor, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of limitation...still, I'm gonna get it, mainly 'cause I enjoy the solo campaign, but if you're not interested in this aspect, doesn't seem necessary
JakeOIL
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 89

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  DeMeNs am Fr März 08, 2013 10:55 pm

There's a long time since this old guy raced last time on stadium... My shaking and slow finguers aren't the same, and I sold all my skill to the devil one crazy night when... Well, better not talking about that night XD

But I think the new stadium physics has changued. It seems to me to have more grip. The drift works diferent. Also the car is more unstable in landings, and it rebounds like a marble...
In general it seems more technic, and less forgivin with mistakes. I think you need more precision on turnig and braking points... And now if you leave the gas it seems like you are braking (leaving gas now seems more efective when you are too close to the wall in the outside of the corner...)

I don't think Nadeo bring us all other environments from united. Stadium was the obligated one to encourage people from TM move to TM2... Now the pros HAVE to move and learn all those changues if they want to be on oficial leagues... (To the pros a small changue becames huge XD) Old stadium wasn't a environment. It was the Environment. The most played. The most promoted in leagues and lans... But IMO Nadeo seems focused on develop new things.
DeMeNs

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  kruemelyeti am Sa März 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I remember having a discussion on a Stadium-Server right on the day the open beta was released. It also was about how the gameplay of the stadium-car might have changed. I then posted a quote by Hylis where he said that the gameplay and controls are completely unaltered. I got immediately attacked by some stadium-pro's, who said that the drifting-mechanics were made much easier. Not that I can assess since I haven't played stadium for years, but that's my state of knowledge. Very Happy

About the graphics: I think the lightning / shadows are better than before, everything looks a bit more contrasty and sharper, but I think the textures are all the same. I hope they will at least add a damage model as it exists in canyon and some red lights for the brakes! I love to play with them during the countdown at the start. clown

kruemelyeti

Anzahl der Beiträge : 96

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  alex bf am Sa März 09, 2013 6:11 pm

kruemelyeti schrieb:
I hope they will at least add a damage model as it exists in canyon

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/15/16/77/17/dam11.jpg

like this one ?^^

alex bf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

Nach oben Nach unten