Real instruments?

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten

Real instruments?

Beitrag  masterdisaster am Sa Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

i honestly have never really understood all that 'music-made-with-real-instrument' debate.
music is music regardless if it's made with a guitar, a synth, a software or even human bones

masterdisaster
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 41

Nach oben Nach unten

Re: Real instruments?

Beitrag  SkunkY am So Feb 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I believe he didn't want to start a debate about 'real' instruments but simply telling his preferences. But actually I'd find this an interesting topic. Feel free to open a new topic for this. Smile

I'm here with hong in the way that I enjoy the sound of electric guitars and the 'classic' instruments of rock music.
Drums, bass guitar and e-guitar. I also prefer to go to a concert where guys all hold their instruments in their hands rather than sampling and mixing synthetic sounds on a computer.

I do enjoy some electronical music but I like music with 'real instruments' best. Very Happy
SkunkY
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107

http://xtremetrackers.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  HonG am So Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm

@md: nothing too dogmatic. just a personal taste thingie. i simply like the sound of "real" instruments more.
I love the atmosphere of a small club, where you actually can see and listen how the band is performing on their instruments. thats all...
I never said music without real instruments isn't real music. Wink

HonG

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  masterdisaster am So Feb 03, 2013 8:14 pm

SkunkY schrieb:I believe he didn't want to start a debate about 'real' instruments but simply telling his preferences. But actually I'd find this an interesting topic. Feel free to open a new topic for this. Smile

yeah i really didn't want to sound aggressive or anything Wink it's not the first time i hear people talking about music made with 'real instruments' rather than all the other instruments (fake instruments??) that's just pretty much a thing i don't really understand.
keeping personal preferences away, i just think defining an instrument real or not it's, well, wrong i'd say. it's ok as long as someone calls them 'classic rock instruments' like skunky did, but i don't get why those should be real and the others not O_o also using that word sounds so much like making a difference between 'real music' and 'all the other music' and putting them on two different quality levels; that's mainly what irks me Very Happy

masterdisaster
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  HonG am Mo Feb 04, 2013 8:48 am

well, then i'm sorry that i wasn't precise enough to find that "classic rock instruments" term... lol

HonG

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  SkunkY am Mo Feb 04, 2013 3:11 pm

I understand what you're saying MD.
I've also said somewhere that I prefer 'hand made' music while that isn't exactly accurate either.
When somebody says 'real' instruments most of the time he probably means instruments that have their own characteristics and produce a mechanical sound.
While the other instruments (unreal? fake? whatever..) don't play a sound by themselves (either by touching/hitting them, stroking (f.e. bow instruments), picking, etc.).
They play programmed sounds and don't have their own characteristics. They can play whatever sounds you tell them via programs. Many times imitating other instruments.
So I guess in many cases you could call them fake instruments. ^^

Although e-guitars, keyboards and drums also produce a lot of different sounds because of technical or electronical 'add-ons'.
But then there's still that old fashioned way of playing them which is also part of the story.
SkunkY
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107

http://xtremetrackers.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  masterdisaster am Mo Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

that's interesting indeed... looks like the difference here is not the instrument itself but how it produces the sound, you know, digital vs. analog What a Face

masterdisaster
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben